Saturday, January 26, 2019

Blog #26 2019

Today was a productive day!  I got over 8 hours sleep to begin with so that was productive in the sleep department :)

Hubby got some grocery shopping early in the morning.  After breakfast and getting dressed for the day we went to the bank and I closed a few very small accounts which didn't have much purpose any longer.  No need to have a bunch of accounts not being used left open.  One was an account I had with my mom and left open just to handle liquidating one dangling stock that was taken care of last fall.  So I was glad to have finally closed those accounts.

Then we went to the jewelry store and got hubby's wedding ring. The gentleman said now that we bought a replacement for him, he'll find his original one.  I would love for him find his original ring as it matches mine and it has a lot more sentimental value.  So that ring is welcomed to show up. :)  Here is a picture of his new one.  I think it is very nice!
After that we went to a very huge wine store called Total Wine.  I had gotten a gift card from work in the amount of $50 for that store. The closest location was about 1/2 hour away but we got a very nice selection of wine. I only got 6 because they give 10% off if you buy at least 6.  I got some chocolate filled with kahlua too and with all that I only owed about $23 above the $50 gift card.  Here's a picture of what we got.


After lunch  I got some reading done while hubby watched Cash Cab on TV.  Then late afternoon we went and got our new dog licenses for the 3 dogs (have to renew every year).

Years ago the animal shelter was selling outdoor tiles to patrons who contributed $ to get something etched into the tile.  These are tiles that lead to the front door. We had bought one to honor two of our dogs that had passed away.  Hubby thinks we may have gotten a 2nd one but I didn't think so.  Now I am not positive. Next time we go there I'll check every square.  Here is the one I did know was there. It has lasted very nicely.  It has been there at least 10 years I'm pretty sure .


Then for dinner we went to one of our favorite restaurants, Saltgrass Steak House to use a gift card that we got from the oldest.  The steak and loaded potato did not disappoint.  So we got everything done today that was on the To Do list. :)   Tomorrow is laundry day.

No comments:

Post a Comment