Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Blog #8 2019

This morning I wanted to take a quick shower after exercising before I went for my mammogram appointment.  I turned on the shower and stepped halfway in but it never got hot, not even warm!
I turned the water off and stepped out, grabbed a towel and walked down the hall to the hot water heater. Yup, no red blinking light.  It wasn't even a bit windy last night but at some point it went out!

So I just washed up as best I could, ugh.  Then I called for hubby.  For once I wanted to restart it myself since there will be a time he isn't home when it goes out.  How do I know that?  It went out when he was gone back east last summer and I just dealt with it until he got home.  Since it was summer my cooler showers felt good to me and I boiled water with a kettle for rinsing the dishes.
And I always use cold water for laundry so it really wasn't a big deal in the summer. 

I didn't quite get it (didn't turn it until it clicked), so hubby finished it but I think I have it down now. We can go months and months without it going out and then it goes out more frequently.  I don't know if it is with the seasons or what. 

Anyway...I got to my appointment and didn't have to wait long.  It wasn't too bad and I was back home and at my desk working by 8:45AM.   I did ask to look at the films and she showed me them.  I didn't see anything suspicious or monstrous..lol but who knows.  I did ask her to show me that marker they put in me when I had that botched up needle biopsy years ago and sure enough it was still there.  Hopefully I'll get that letter next week telling me nothing was found and I'm good.   Funny how it is a weight off my mind that I finally had it done.  I had been feeling guilty (subconsciously mostly I think) about putting it off so long. 

Tomorrow is hump day. Yes! The work week is downhill after that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment