Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year! Blog #1 of 2019

Well here it is the 1st of a new year!   We didn't bother trying to stay up late last night, though I did wake up just after midnight to the television celebration.  We left the TV on because of all the local illegal firework activity going on which scared one of our dogs really badly.   It did help calm her down enough to get to sleep. 

 Actually got a little over 9 hours of sleep too.  I haven't slept that long in I don't know how long.  It felt great to get that much sleep though I hate how fast the rest of the day went. LOL. 

Today I visited with a group of gals to play some games.  One of the gals in the empty nesters group I started suggested it last week and offered up her home to have it at. I thought it would be fun.  Although there were only 4 of us, we had a good time.  We had lots of snacks and the game we played was fun.  It was called Qwirkle.  I've never played it before. I have to say I haven't played any games except for playing cards in a long time.  This gal had several games too but I hadn't heard of any of them. I am impressed that there are still new board and other games being made and sold because I wasn't really sure how popular they still are with all the video/computer games out there. So glad to see it. 

Well back to the grind tomorrow...at least it will already be Hump Day.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment