Sunday, March 10, 2019

Post #69...2019

I can't be Sunday night already can it?  Well we lost an hour already today right?  At least those like me that are in Daylight Savings Time in which we turn the clocks ahead an hour did.  So tomorrow will be dark when I head out for my walk but oh well that's what flash lights are for. 

I went exploring today with hubby to a grocery store that opened in town a while back but I never went there until this morning.  It is called Randalls. I was very impressed with the layout (nice wide open and spacious), and the selection is huge! They also have a nice looking soup and salad bar and there is a Starbucks located inside as well so I think the tables can also be used by those who use the salad bar. They also had several soups they sold (that were made fresh) as the ones in the soup bar were.  They had great flavors too like Baked potato, Broccoli & cheddar and they even had Lobster Bisque (made fresh) for sale.  It all looked very well blended, tasty and nicely presented. 

I pointed out to hubby a lot of things that I would definitely eat.  He took pictures too. I had heard that their prices are much higher than H.E.B. (the closest competitor), but they do have a savings club and we saved some today even though we didn't buy a whole lot.  They had a huge select of YES soups which I love so I stocked up on some of those. They also have a wider selection of Bubly sparkling water (H.E.B only has 2 kinds), so I got some of those too.  There was hardly anyone in the store though, a lot less than there were at H.E.B where we went afterward.  Not that I minded that at all, but it made me wonder if it is hurting for business.  

Randalls also has a Monopoly game going and they gave us several game pieces for it and the board (magazine size fold out board) .  It was fun putting the pieces on the board (we used a glue stick) and we also won 2 free items which is nice.  I told hubby overall I'm fine if he does most of the shopping there vs H.E.B. 

At H.E.B. hubby did show me all the pre-made meals that they have. There are quite a few of them that I would eat too.  I picked up a Mexican Street Corn salad that I had for lunch today.  It was good, though didn't finish it all.  I took some pictures which as I uploaded them, I suppose don't make the dish look all that appetizing, but I liked it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment