Sunday, October 20, 2013

Beautiful Day!

Today and yesterday were beautiful sunny days, not a cloud in the sky today that I saw anyway. I did not take any walks today since I already exercised this morning and wanted to give my legs a break from walking.

I got the powder room clean, washed our sheets and also did some baking/cooking.  I had a bunch of key limes that I got in my Greenling order a few weeks ago that I haven't done much with. I used a few in my sun tea but that was it.  So I found a recipe for key lime bars online and made them this afternoon with fresh key lime juice. Yum! I've never made them before but they are really good!

Then I also had about 8 small red potatoes left from that same Greenling order so I sliced them and put them in the crock pot with a little butter and then sprinkled the rest of some grated Monterrey jack and cheddar cheese over them and cooked them on low. I threw in a yellow pepper from my balcony garden too. The cheese melted nicely over the potatoes and turned out great. We had them with dinner.

It was a nice long weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment