Saturday, October 5, 2013

Note to self..

Note to self...if hubby has been doing the shopping and making most of the meals for months....look in the freezer once in a while to see what is there.  Saw some soup that is a year old, which I would have had sooner had I known it was there.  I don't really think (the nutrition or quality of) the  soup lasts a year so I tossed it.

Got my Greenling order today!!  Here is just some of what I got. I am anxious to try baking the mini pumpkins in the oven and I want to save the seeds too and try roasting them. That (roasting seeds) I have done before but have never tried baking a pumpkin in the oven.  Will try that tomorrow.  I also got some purple hull peas and am going to try them in the crock pot with a little garlic.

 
I'm pretty sure it is October but the shrubs around the shed are blooming nicely. See?

 
It is suppose to go down into the 50's tonight. At least we won't need the air conditioning on tonight!  In general I do not like it!  So glad will be able to just have the windows open for some fresh air.


No comments:

Post a Comment