Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day before Monday...

At least after tomorrow there will only be 9 more Mondays for the rest of the year. That doesn't sound so bad.

This morning I was watching some Face the Nation and thinking about what I wanted to get done today. Every day I feel like I need to get something done so that it makes the day worth while.  I knew I was going to do some laundry but wasn't sure what else.  As I was thinking about my day, Molly was jumping up like she wanted to be on my lap.  I picked her up and let her lick my face a while and cuddled her. Then it dawned on me. I don't really have to be doing something constructive to be making a difference. My dog needed to be held and loved and I was already doing something worthwhile today. :) 

That made me relax and not think so much about what I was going to get done today.  After giving Molly some attention, Ditzy wanted some cuddling, So it was her turn and I was glad to do it.

I did get 4 loads of laundry done later and asked hubby if he'd help me walk 4 of the dogs at one time, me two and him taking two.  We got through it but not without Molly and Merlin barking and making the walk difficult for hub.  I'm not going to do that again. He gets too mad and then the whole walk is tense. I walked Kaci around the block after that.

I was going to do the walking this morning but we had a steady stream of heavy drizzle.  Made me think we were in Seattle or something as that was the sort of rain it reminded me of (from what I have seen on television about weather there, never actually been there).

Picked three peppers from the balcony garden. There are still a few left.  I haven't totally decided yet whether I want to have a garden over the winter or not. Leaning toward not, but haven't totally decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment