Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday..well like Friday for me

I don't have to work tomorrow. That is the reason for the post title. So today may as well be Friday in terms of work purposes, tomorrow it will be 'long weekend' time! :)

I was just watching some TV while finishing up my exercises on my arms (weights). The national weather forecast came on and there is already mountain snow due in the northwest.  Then there was mention of Santa Ana winds kicking up for potential wild fires. What about the previous wild fires?  Are they all out? How about the ones in Colorado? 

Ever notice how when tragic news hits, it is all over the news for 3-5 days, but they never tell us, when the fires are all out in Colorado, or if all the roads are repaired for that matter due to the massive flooding there. Should we assume the massive flooding put out all the fires? We never hear about these events being over or at least well on the way to being fixed. Well maybe not fixed, how are tons of trees going to miraculously reappear in a few months?  Those who do not actually reside in these areas tend to forget. It isn't in the news anymore so everything must be fine, right?  I think not.  There are still areas affected by Hurricane Katrina that need help and that was 8 years ago since that happened. 

I just wish that the news would report on not just the newest tragedies but also report updates when fires are 100% contained, or damage from flooding is repaired. I sadly fear that these things drag on and on and maybe never get resolved?  I sure hope not.  I would think the fires do get contained and fully 'put out', but what about the rest.  Do some areas of devastation go without repair or rebuild forever?  Hmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment