Saturday, October 26, 2013

Time for a change

This morning we took Tika and Merlin to the vet for their check up. Remember my vet retired in June unbeknownst to us.  I didn't know the vet who took care of our dog when we went the last time but I figured she'd be the same one we'd see this time.
When I walked in they had remodeled the waiting room and all the exam rooms.  It looked nice but I was just surprised.  When we got to the exam room I was surprised to see the examining table upright against the wall (like a murphy bed).  It definitely made the room larger but I felt like we just went from one waiting room into another. 

Then the vet tech came in and instead of just taking the first one to weigh him, he said that since we had both dogs how about if they did the exam, shots etc in the back and just bring them back when they were done. We sat dumbfounded and just said "Yes'. I wasn't expecting that. No wonder the exam tables are upright, guess their new remodel included a whole new way of doing business.  While I LOVE the gals that work at the desk and the vet techs are nice, I do not like this new procedure.  They brought one dog back, took the other, then brought the 2nd one back and we spoke briefly to yet a new vet we had not met before.  Before we left the parking lot we decided that was it. We are finding another vet.

Dr Koy was friendly, asked how we were when he came in, examined the dogs in front of us, telling us the heart and lungs sounded fine, range in motion good, eyes, etc, and told us what shots they were getting, etc.  May not seem like much but it was a personal touch.  Today, basically took the dogs back, then brought them in, "All done". Except they both need dentals. I knew one needed it but didn't know the other had a tooth that looked bad. That I appreciated, but the rest of it, nope.

I like a dog examined in front of me.  Maybe I would think of something I'd want to ask.  Anyway, going to check out another vet that was recommended by a friend.  I understand the owner of the practice resigned, and they wanted to remodel but changing the down home, almost country doctor type of service soured us, and possibly will others. I don't know. I don't care about others, all I know is we are never going back there again. 

I voted too, so that is done. Glad I voted early and there were no lines!  Since it is the Saturday before Halloween and not much on TV, watched a zombie movie. Fitting for the season, don't you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment