Sunday, October 6, 2013

First time eats!

I got some purple hull peas in my Greenling order yesterday and have them cooking in the tiny crock pot I have along with some scallions (I also got). I found a recipe on line that I am making. The peas are cooking in a broth I made with chicken bouillon. Smells good!

 
Its been a lazy long weekend so far, so I decided to do some always endless housework today.  I'm on the 4th load of laundry and the sheets are washed and on the bed already. Usually I forget to make the bed and then do it in the evening when I don't really want to do it because I'm tired. :) 

I wanted to clean the living room today too.  Before cleaning the large area rug in our living room with carpet cleaner (powder) and vacuum, I decided to take a peek underneath the grip pad underneath it.  I expected to find some dirt but what I found was a layer of dried grime that I decided to clean with a sponge and bucket of water. Hubby helped too and we got the entire area under the rug. It was filthy! I really had to use some elbow grease in some areas! Oye!  I guess the temporary cleaning lady we had was right. This was one of the dirtiest houses ever! LOL!

No I don't really think so but I just didn't realize that the laminate floor below a grip pad and area rug both, could get so dirty!  Now that I know how much dirt can accumulate through an area rug and pad, I won't wait so long to clean underneath it next time!

Watching a movie Along Came a Spider with Morgan Freeman in it. It is pretty good. Looking forward to Once Upon a Time, Revenge and Betrayal tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment