Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hump Day...

What is so great about today being hump day this week?  I only have to work tomorrow and then have off until Monday. Yep, still using up my vacation days. I already scheduled a long overdue hair cut for Friday morning. So glad there is an opening! 

Today I let a woman running for city council put one of her signs in our yard.  She actually lives up the street and I found out that she voted for the president just like I did. It is rare to find a Democrat in this state, let alone my street. I read about some of her goals and views and we have similarities there so she's going to get my vote!  It feels good to actually at least KNOW someone who is running. Usually in the local elections I vote for any woman's name first and then by random choice if there are no women listed. I definitely don't pick any first name matching my ex's.  LOL.

Tonight I made one of my favorite vegetable dishes Bok Choy and shitake mushrooms, well I added shallots from my greenling order over a week ago and some sweet red pepper from my balcony garden. I actually also got one tiny jalapeno too which hubby ate with his dinner.  I only grew 3 jalapenos from the plant I got and two of them I left on the vine too long I think as hubby said they were not good and he didn't eat them. But this third one is small and was 'hot'.  He loved it. 

Here's a picture of it. I put it next to a pen for perspective. It is tiny but at least it came out of my garden. I grew it!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment