Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Rain, rain come and stay!

Getting some much needed rain today.  Yippee!  Got a nice walk in during my lunch hour while it was actually not raining then.  I was grateful for the break in the weather as I really enjoyed walking today. I took Molly with me so that at least she got a walk in herself.

Tomorrow is Halloween but we do not usually get many kids so we are going to just leave the lights off.  I really hated those people who left their lights off when I was a kid.  But I am only doing it because we get very few kids.  When I was a kid there were tons of kids in our neighborhood and well worth while for folks to stock up on candy to hand out.  :)

I remember when I was a kid, we often just make costumes out of things we had.  I remember going many times as a hobo, or a witch (using the same witches hat we always had and an old gray wig). It was not like today where so much money is spent on costumes often worn no more than once. My kids occasionally got new costumes but there were several times things were recycled a few years later, and then again.... remember girls?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment