Thursday, October 10, 2013

Food blog?

I guess this lately is more like a food blog isn't it?  Oh well. I wanted to share the roasted mini pumpkins I made and the Dessert (Asian) Pears recipe that I made.

Here they are after filled with maple syrup, cinnamon, a few other spices and butter. Placed lid back on and put in oven for 30 minutes.

Smelled really good in the oven but unfortunately not enough 'meat' on the bone. There was only a few bites of each I could eat. The rest was really the outside. Would like to try it again with a larger pumpkin sometime

Here is one of the Pears that was in the crock pot all day. I added some orange juice and cornstarch to the syrup and let thicken up a little for 10 more minutes in the crock pot.

Then sliced the pear, drizzled the syrup and surrounded a scoop of ice cream with a little whip cream. Now this was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment